TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

Chevrolet

trbball44

December, 27, 2006 AT 2:25 PM

I have a chevy 2500 6.5 td.1995 and it feels like it is stuck in 3rd gear. No fourth gear and takes a while to get up to speed.I was wondering how much a rebuilt tranny would cost or what not.I drove home for an hour in 3rd gear on the highway pulled over put tranny fluid in and got back 4th gear and the power back.I then started it up the next day and it was the same way no power no 4th gear. Wondering if anyone could help me. Thanks

junior22287

December, 27, 2006 AT 2:30 PM

Im having the same problem with my tranny. Did you speedometer go out as well?

trbball44

December, 27, 2006 AT 4:43 PM

Hey no I had it taken in and he said that it was internal nothing showed up on the OBDII.I would bring it to Aamco ussually I would work on the problem although with the tranny I do not want to. I am actually very depressed right now hahaha with this whole thing happenng right after xmas. Although it could be something small but yours sounds like it is electrical(not a huge repair) if your gauge is going.I am not sure though so dont quote me.I hope that helps. Also if you need it fixed aamco has a 3 yr 36000 mile warranty on the part they fix so I would reccomend them.

trbball44

December, 28, 2006 AT 7:11 PM

Hey aamco got back to me today it was the ignition switch.I am replacing it right now yet I am having trouble unscrew the screws that hold it in. They are smaller than a 4 mm so the guy told me he made a tool to take it off. Just to let you know. He said he bypassed the tranny and it was shifting fine through all the gears

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage