COOLANT LEAK

Chevrolet

musicman_20012003

May, 10, 2006 AT 1:51 AM

1998 chevy cavalier, mileage 122000. I have a coolant leak somewhere and I am not sure where it is coming from, one person has told me freeze plugs another the head gasket, and another told me about a thing called a " weep hole" in the pump itself. Now I know its not the head cuz I just changed my oil and nothing wrong, there are none of those 'tell tail signs' or anything else, can someone give me some advice?

losone

May, 10, 2006 AT 8:45 AM

Have the system pressurized by a mechanic. The leak will become very evident. If it comming out of the " weep hole" that indicates a bad water pump as they are designed to do that. Good luck

oley422

July, 24, 2006 AT 8:29 PM

I am actually having this same problem in my 99 Chevy Malibu. HOw common is this problem? I have to refill the coolant about once a week, but we cannot find a leak anywhere. We're not really sure where the coolant is going. In addition to this, my AC light flickers on and off along with the AC fairly frequently. I'm not really sure what to do about it.I'm leaving for school in three weeks and don't know whether I should get it fixed before then, or how to go about getting it fixed since I'm not really sure what's wrong with it. Any suggestions?

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement