Chevy Lumina 95 3.1lt 80,000 m

SURFMOBILE
  • 1995 CHEVROLET LUMINA

Fast idle or very high rpm in parking.I change the idle control valve noting happens still with very high rpm?

Friday, May 26th, 2006 AT 6:30 PM

LOSONE

Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. Hvae it checked with a smoke test by a mechanic.

Friday, May 26th, 2006 AT 6:31 PM
SURFMOBILE

I check all the vacums line sinse to be ok if any hidden under dis?

Friday, May 26th, 2006 AT 6:35 PM
LOSONE

I didn't tell you to check vacuum lines, I told you to get a mechanic to check it with a smoke test. This will derermine if you have a cracked intake, bad intake gasket or brake booster. They inject a generated smoke from a machine and you can quickly see where you have a vacuum leak.

+1
Friday, May 26th, 2006 AT 7:36 PM
SURFMOBILE

Thanks for the help!
I scan the car and it showing me code 22 TPS sensor you thing this can be a problem for the high idle?

Monday, May 29th, 2006 AT 3:39 PM
LOSONE

95 and 96 vehicles were saddled with a Simtec code system. They were difficut to read and were replaced with OBD1 in 97 which was easier to handle.

22 Throttle position sensor - voltage low would give you a high idle because the computer is looking for a voltage around.5 volts. Low is probably 0. Replece the TPS. It is not expensive.

Monday, May 29th, 2006 AT 5:27 PM
SURFMOBILE

:D Iam glad to have profecional like you helping people in the caribbean!Ihave a couple of :
1-idle seed sensor code 35 is the same as idle cotrol valve.
2-h02s error code 13 is the same as oxigen sensor. Thanks again!

Tuesday, May 30th, 2006 AT 11:55 AM
LOSONE

Humm the code 13 means you have an open circiut in the O2 sensor. It is probably bad. Those codes can interact with each other especially code 35.

I would replace the O2 sensor first. It's and easy job. It is a 13/16 size the same as a large spark plug. Don't mess with the wire when you take it out, cut it off right on the sensor. It will allow you to get a socket over the sensor.

When you replace it don't touch the O2 element. Use an open end 13/16 wrench to just snug it tight. It doesn't need to be really tight. The sensor unplugs from a simple connector.

Here in Biloxi, Mississippi I feel like we are on an Island. Katrina took out both bridges east and west. We have one way out North. Hope it's a better year.

Losone

Tuesday, May 30th, 2006 AT 12:41 PM
SURFMOBILE

:D car is back to normal check ingine off and with your help I did it my self thanks again!

Wednesday, May 31st, 2006 AT 3:24 PM