Today a friend of mine showed me the in-tank electric fuel pump of my 1993 Mercury Tracer.
He said -It`s incredible how this electric thing with bare wires at it`s connection points is submerged in gasoline and doesn`t cause a fire-
I have not slept since.
How dangerous is an in-tank ELECTRIC fuel pump?.
Has anyone wondered what if there`s a spark caused by this in-tank electric motor of the fuel pump?.
Why doesn`t the motor or cable endings short circuit when submerged in gasoline?
Look at a picture here:
I`m really confused and worried, so comments, opinions, links and professional advise are very welcome.
The no sleeping guy.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006 AT 4:47 PM