REPLACED STARTER NOW CAR WON'T TURN OVER, PLEASE HELP

• steventheseeker
  • Chevrolet Impala

I have a 95 s10 chevy blazer and had a bad starter. I just replaced it and now car wont turn over. Is it possible I messed up the wiring with the starter or installed it wrong. It has been sitting for about a month without being started. The car will crank but not turn over. WHat could be the problem? Thanks STeven

Sunday, January 8th, 2006 AT 3:36 AM

• haz_r_dous1

Try checking to make sure you put the small wire on the S term. And not on the R term. Then check your battery cable to make sure it is tight and a good charge on the battery. (And do you mean it will crank but not run or will not even try to crank. Listen for a click if you hear that then try what I typed it should work)
Haz

Monday, January 9th, 2006 AT 4:56 PM
  • mikeincan

Try giving it a boost. That might be the problem

Monday, January 9th, 2006 AT 8:20 PM
  • jonnyber

I have the same problem w/ my 95 Blazer. It won't even turn over I get nothing. All my dash lights go on, the fuses are fine and the radio works. I was told to trace the small wire on the selenoid back to the relay, but I'm having a hard time finding it. Keep me in mind if you find a solution.

Friday, January 13th, 2006 AT 10:44 AM
  • rolfesj

I am not sure if this is one of those vehicles but some GM cars have a fusible link wire that runs to the starter. I believe it goes to the alternator.

I agree with a prior post that the S and R wires may be crossed. If not check for a fusible link wire

Friday, January 13th, 2006 AT 10:50 AM