2006 Chevy Impala Rear deforster

BOOCREW
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA
2006 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The rear defroster will not work. I have check all fuses and relay. No power to back window strip. HELP!
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 5:50 PM

BRIAN 1
Check both rear defroster tabs at each end of the window. They come off all the time, you can resolder it to the window.
+1
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 7:26 PM
BOOCREW
Both ends are good. Just no power to the deforster
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 8:22 PM
BRIAN 1
If there is no power at the grid than check for power at the grid connector, it's attached to the side of the rear window. If there is power at the connector then there is a chance that it might be a problem with the rear window itself. If thats the case you would have to replace the whole rear window. Also check the rear defroster relay, switch it with a different relay and see if it works.
+1
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 10:27 AM
CHRISDURHAM
My defroster quit too. I found a wire burned in the connector that is found under the fuse box that is located inside the car on the passenger side kick panel.
You have to remove the entire kick panel to access the large white connector not just the fuse door. The panel just unsnaps as you lift up and out. Start from the panel seam beside the passenger seat and lift up and back. You'll also have to unsnap the carpet there too.
You'll see the white connector that has a lot of wires on it. If you'll unsnap the connector you'll see the burned wire. It will be thicker than the others and purple. Just cut the purple wire on both sides of the connector and splice them together with a piece of wire the same gauge and it will work fine.
+2
Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 11:11 AM
JBR412
Hey, Thanks for the tip.
Worked like a charm.
Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 AT 7:54 PM