MY BLOWER AND REAR DEFROSTER ARE NOT WORKING ANYMORE

• whitey_79
  • 2006 Chevrolet Impala

Blower and rear defrost won't work. It worked yesterday and just stopped working. Could it be a fuse problem.

Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 AT 3:17 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Could be but the fuse for the blower is a 30 amp and rear defroster is less.
Make sure the contacts on the rear window are intact as they often fail from all the heat we have had.
The blower may be at fault or the resistor may have failed.
Have a shop check this for you to confirm and give you a bid.

Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 AT 3:33 PM
  • MiketheMechanic

I have a 2004 impala that did the same thing. Check for a fuse on the drivers side fuse panel (just inside the drivers door)it is a 20 or 25amp fuse towards bottom of fuse panel in the middle. Test the fuse with a test light. If you get voltage on one side of fuse but not the other (and the fuse is good)your problem may be in the ignition switch(mine was). Pull the ignition switch out, take the black plastic cover off the back(don't worry no springs will pop out)and look for burned (black) spots under the connections. Clean (gently) with emery paper and put back together.I hope this helps, took me days to track it all down on mine.

Saturday, October 1st, 2011 AT 1:07 AM
  • dan888

Hey guys, I replaced my ignition switch last spring due to non-start issues. My intermittent blower motor, cruise and rear defrost problems came after that. I don't see how the ignition switch could be tied to the blower motor. When my blower motor works, my cruise control works and my rear defroster works. The outside ambient temp. Must be above 60F and then the problem is intermittent, otherwise the 3 functions will not work ever. I don't know much about auto electronics, but these functions might be controlled by the BCM. I remember from reading posts on this site about my non-start issue that the BCM has some control of the signal in the starting. So, maybe the BCM is at fault?

2002 base Impala with 203,000 miles. Ignition has never been better since reading on this website about changing the Ignition switch.

If you can dig into this blower motor issue in more depth, I would appreciate it.

Monday, January 16th, 2012 AT 8:51 PM
  • mikecon24

Blower motor stoped defroster wont work happened last week waited and came on this week waited half hour no working

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 AT 8:05 AM