2003 Chevy Impala LOW TIRE PRESSURE

EBEAVERS01
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
MY LOW TIRE PRESSURE LIGHT JUST CAME ON AND I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD TELL WHICH TIRES WERE LOW? AND HOW TO GET THE TIRE PRESSURE BACK ON TRACK? AND SHOULD I DO THIS ASAP?
Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 10:09 AM

BASSTECH
Your vehicle does not have the capability to inform you which tire is low, so you will have to check them all. You should have them check ASAP. A local gas station should be able to help you out. Look for the tire pressure sticker (maybe on the drivers door when it's open) to see the correct pressures. They should be either 30 or 35 psi. Once you get them back to the correct pressures, the light should go out.
-2
Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 3:24 PM
TAKECHARGESARGE
Hi EBEAVERS01,

BASSTECH is correct about the system not telling you which tire is low. It's purpose is to give you the warning so you can have time to slowdown and stop before the tire is so low that it can cause a hazardous situation. I'd venture a guess that most of the times that the warning comes "ON", that it's not a fast leak problem, but I personally had a situation where, after I had run over a metal object on the highway, the warning came on and I was able
to get the car off the highway and stopped before the tire went flat.

The system will not automatically reset itself. You, or someone, will have to reset it. The first thing you need to do is service the tires to the recommended pressure. Then perform the TIRE MONITOR RESET PROCEDURE that is in the Owner's Manual.

If you can't find it in the Owner's Manual, let me know, and I'll find it for you.

TakeChargeSarge

Additional Info:
I had a few minutes to think about the Reset Procedure. I posted it to another Impala owner a few days ago.
Look at page 3 of the posts about 6 posts from the top of the page. Look for "2002 Chevy Impala Message Board Error" posted by will1464. In my reply to will1464, I gave him the Reset Procedure from the Owner's Manual.

TakeChargeSarge
+1
Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 11:53 PM