CHEVY LEFT FRONT WHEEL GRINDING

2001 Chevrolet Impala

impalals01

March, 19, 2009 AT 9:30 PM

Noises problem
2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

My Impala has this grinding noise in the left front tire when I turn left and I have to let off the gas for it to stop and sometimes it will grind when I press my brake and my steering wheel goes to the left slightly. This only happens when it is warm outside, it does not do it when it's freezing cold or during the winter. I have had one dealership say it was my wheel barring and they " say" they fixed it but I still have the same problem and it's driving me crazy. Eventually the grinding noise will be so bad and so often it will kick my" traction off" light on and the noise will no longer be there, can you help me out and enlighten me to what may be causing this problem?

thank you,

sincerley,

NEEDS HELP.

rhall77

March, 23, 2009 AT 8:01 AM

First check your tires and see if they are cupped. Rub your hand accross them and see if it is very rough going one way compared to the other way. If it is rotate them and see if the noise goes away

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3