2007 CHEVY HHR TURN SIGNAL LEVER

• Jimmiez
  • 2007 Chevrolet HHR

Interior problem
2007 Chevy HHR 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 59000 miles

'07 HHR, I snapped off the plastic turn signal lever about an inch from the attached end and now it hangs by the internal wiring to the headlamp controls at the end of the lever. How do I disconnect these wires and remove the headlamp control mechanism from the end of the lever so I can replace it? I also would appreciate steering wheel removal steps, or whatever is necessary to get to the attached end of the turn signal lever.

Friday, January 30th, 2009 AT 11:41 PM

• racefan966

Ok no need to remove the steering wheel first off. Now remove the trim from around the column and then you will see the switch and unplug it and then depress the locking tabs and remove the switch. thats it so it say's. Here is a pic

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic3_2.jpg

The switch cost about 53 dollars at your local parts store. here is a pic of the switch itself too. Hope this all helps thanks.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_746986_1.jpg

Saturday, January 31st, 2009 AT 9:21 AM
  • Jimmiez

Thanks Racefan966. What a relief not to remove the steering wheel to replace the turn signal lever. Should be a fairly easy job now. Appreciate the prompt and detailed answer with pics.

Saturday, January 31st, 2009 AT 10:12 PM
  • racefan966

No problem thats what we are here for. Thanks again and yes it should be fairly easy as it calls for about 30 min to do.

Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 12:49 PM
  • racefan966

So how did it go?

Saturday, February 14th, 2009 AT 1:39 PM
  • Jimmiez

It's my son's car and he's not reall accessable so I haven't done the fix as of yet. Don't expect any problems though. Thanks for checking

Saturday, February 14th, 2009 AT 7:50 PM
  • racefan966

I see was just following up. Thanks

Monday, February 16th, 2009 AT 10:22 AM
  • Jimmiez

Hey racefan966.I finally got to do this repair and it went pretty well, except for one thing. The instrument panel trim that surrounds the steering column and gage cluster prevented sufficient clearance for removing the switch from its housing on the steering column. Choices were to remove this trim piece or move the steering column to the right to provide clearance to remove the switch. I chose to loosen the steering column support bolts and was able to move the column to the right (about 1/8" ) just enough to get the switch out of its housing. The $54 switch fit in perfectly and all systems work properly. Job complete. Thanks for your help.

Friday, March 6th, 2009 AT 6:22 PM