CHEVY HEADLIGHTS

1988 Chevrolet Corvette

88vette88

October, 4, 2010 AT 11:23 PM

1988 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 108000 miles

hi, my 1988 corvette had grinded bearings in the passenger side headlight motor assembly, I baught a new motor for this side, and after I reinstalled it the headlight doesnt do anything when I pull the switch for the healights. When I push it in the headlight opens but no lights, and when I pull it to open them the passenger side headlight closes and turns on, its like the opposite, I was wondering if there are any adjustments or if I installed it wrong?

buddycraigg

October, 5, 2010 AT 1:21 AM

Is this a new motor or a rebuilt one?

If it's rebuilt, it sounds to me as if the magnet is backwards.

88vette88

October, 5, 2010 AT 12:07 PM

This is a brand new motor, have any ideas, could the magnet still be backwards?

buddycraigg

October, 5, 2010 AT 3:29 PM

As a test, use 2 jumper wires between the pigtails to switch the polarity and see if the motor works correctly.

If it does, then you can swap the green and grey wires in the pigtail for your fix.

88vette88

October, 8, 2010 AT 5:45 PM

If I have no equipment to test this motor, how would I switch the wires in the connector?

buddycraigg

October, 11, 2010 AT 9:25 PM

You dont need any fancy tools, you just need a couple pieces of wire to crisscross the connector.

Like the plug on the car has 2 pins, A and B.
The plug on the motor has 2 pin, A and B

normally A would plug into A and B would plug into B.

Take two sections of wire and plug car harness A into motor harness B and vise verse.

But about how to release the terminals out of the pigtail. The pins have a small locking tab that holds them in place that needs to be depressed to pull them out of the plastic.
There is a special tool made for it, but I can normally get away with using a small (tiny) flat screw driver

Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon