CHEVY IGNITION SWITCH

1994 Chevrolet Corsica

trohspa

October, 12, 2009 AT 8:13 PM

1994 Chevy Corsica Automatic

Is there a website where I can get instruction on how to replace an ignition switch on a 1994 Corsica

Big_Jay

October, 12, 2009 AT 8:23 PM

Are you replacing the key and lock cylinder or the electrical part under the dash?

trohspa

October, 12, 2009 AT 8:35 PM

The key & lock cylinder

Big_Jay

October, 12, 2009 AT 8:40 PM

Does the key still work in the car and does it have a big plastic cover over the whole steering colum?

trohspa

October, 12, 2009 AT 8:43 PM

The car won't turn off and the auto store said it sounds like the ignition switch

Big_Jay

October, 12, 2009 AT 9:03 PM

There talking abot the electrical peice under the dash. The key and liock are what push the ignition switch to turn the car on and off. On your car it is pretty simple. You need to be able to get under your dashboard. You will have to remover the plastic and covers under te steering wheel by the pedals and kinda lay on your back on the floor. There wil be a half plastic half metal peice under your dash that is bolted to the steering colum with 2 bolts. Unplug it (1 big plug) and unbolt it and remove it. Reinstal the same way but make sure the little metal rod under there is in the hole in the switch when u bolt it back on. Just to let ou know if u bring it to a local shop it should only be about an hour labor to replace this if u dont have the know how.

trohspa

October, 12, 2009 AT 9:32 PM

Thanks, my son is working on it now. Your feedback will surely help.

Patty

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006