BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
How To Install Repair Replace Ignition Key Lock.
1988 CHEVROLET CORSICA
How To Install Repair Replace Ignition Key Lock Cylinder. Thanks so much.
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 AT 3:15 PM
Disassembly (Tilt Steering Column)
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove steering column from vehicle. See STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES in this section. Remove tilt lever.
2. Remove hazard warning knob and ignition key light. Remove wiper switch knob. Remove wiper switch tube mounting screws. Remove wiper switch tube. Rotate shaft fully clockwise.
3. Remove shaft by pulling straight out on shaft. Carefully remove plastic cover from lock plate. Using Compressor ( J 23653), remove lock plate retaining ring from shaft. See Fig. 1 .
4. Remove lock plate, canceling cam and upper bearing spring. Remove turn signal switch and actuator arm. Place ignition lock cylinder in "LOCK" position.
5. Using a thin screwdriver, depress ignition lock cylinder tab retainer. See Fig. 2 . Remove ignition lock cylinder. Remove housing cover from column.
Fig. 2: Removing Lock Cylinder (Typical)
Fig. 3: Removing Tilt Spring
note you dont' have to remove column to fix this also when installing new key lock, line up rectangular area in steering column and turn key to start to install.
Image (click to enlarge)
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 AT 3:59 PM
to post a reply.
Related Ignition Switch Replace/Remove Questions
1994 Chevy Corsica Replacing Ignition Switch Lock...
1994 Chevy Corsica 6 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic My Ignition Switch Is Broke And I Need To Know How To Get Into The Steering Column...
1990 Chevy Corsica How To Remove The Ignition Switch
1990 Chevy Corsica Mileage 125,000. I Read One Of Your Ignition Questions And It Applies To Me. However, It Is Not Plain To Me Exactly How...
1989 Chevy Corsica Cranks And Dies
Electrical Problem 1989 Chevy Corsica 6 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 Miles I Have Taken On A Mission Project With Some Guys...
1993 Chevy Corsica I Need Help
Electrical Problem 1993 Chevy Corsica 6 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 116000 Miles Okay So I Was On My Way To My Friends House To...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Replace Ignition Switch
Ignition Switch Stuck
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.