BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
HOW TO INSTALL REPAIR REPLACE IGNITION KEY LOCK ...
1988 Chevrolet Corsica
February, 12, 2013 AT 3:15 PM
How To Install Repair Replace Ignition Key Lock Cylinder. Thanks so much.
FOUND 2951 RELATED QUESTIONS
Can't Remove Ignition Key
97 Country Ignition Switch
February, 12, 2013 AT 3:59 PM
Disassembly (Tilt Steering Column)
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove steering column from vehicle. See STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES in this section. Remove tilt lever.
2. Remove hazard warning knob and ignition key light. Remove wiper switch knob. Remove wiper switch tube mounting screws. Remove wiper switch tube. Rotate shaft fully clockwise.
3. Remove shaft by pulling straight out on shaft. Carefully remove plastic cover from lock plate. Using Compressor ( J 23653), remove lock plate retaining ring from shaft. See Fig. 1 .
4. Remove lock plate, canceling cam and upper bearing spring. Remove turn signal switch and actuator arm. Place ignition lock cylinder in "LOCK" position.
5. Using a thin screwdriver, depress ignition lock cylinder tab retainer. See Fig. 2 . Remove ignition lock cylinder. Remove housing cover from column.
Fig. 2: Removing Lock Cylinder (Typical)
Fig. 3: Removing Tilt Spring
note you dont' have to remove column to fix this also when installing new key lock, line up rectangular area in steering column and turn key to start to install.
to post a reply.
B" Side (passenger Side) Cam V V T Unit Apppears...
I'm not sure since i can't get the retaining bolt out but the sprocket on the vvt unit appears not to have a key for alignment is th
Turning Key Does Nothing
Hello the truck was running fine turned it off came back 10 minutes later and turned the key and nothing happens no dash lights no
Will Not Spin Over With Key.
I have a pt cruiser it's an 2001 i have replaced battery battery cable and the starter the car will not spin over with the key will
GM Key Fob Programming
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Got A Stuck Ignition Switch? Here Is How To Fix It
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Need A Battery? Follow These Easy Steps and Do It Correctly
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.