BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
How To Install Repair Replace Ignition Key Lock.
1988 CHEVROLET CORSICA
How To Install Repair Replace Ignition Key Lock Cylinder. Thanks so much.
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 AT 3:15 PM
Disassembly (Tilt Steering Column)
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove steering column from vehicle. See STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES in this section. Remove tilt lever.
2. Remove hazard warning knob and ignition key light. Remove wiper switch knob. Remove wiper switch tube mounting screws. Remove wiper switch tube. Rotate shaft fully clockwise.
3. Remove shaft by pulling straight out on shaft. Carefully remove plastic cover from lock plate. Using Compressor ( J 23653), remove lock plate retaining ring from shaft. See Fig. 1 .
4. Remove lock plate, canceling cam and upper bearing spring. Remove turn signal switch and actuator arm. Place ignition lock cylinder in "LOCK" position.
5. Using a thin screwdriver, depress ignition lock cylinder tab retainer. See Fig. 2 . Remove ignition lock cylinder. Remove housing cover from column.
Fig. 2: Removing Lock Cylinder (Typical)
Fig. 3: Removing Tilt Spring
note you dont' have to remove column to fix this also when installing new key lock, line up rectangular area in steering column and turn key to start to install.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 AT 3:59 PM
to post a reply.
Related Switche Ignition Switch Key Questions
How Can I Start My Car Without Using The Ignition?
I Think The Ignition Switch Went Out On My Car Cause When I Turn The Key I Get Nothing, Not Even Power. The Key Acts Like Its Not Clicking...
1992 Chevy Corsica Egnition Key Replace
Electrical Problem 1992 Chevy Corsica 6 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 124 Miles How Do You Get The Old Lock Out Have Parts Car With...
1990 Chevy Corsica Ignition Key Lock Change
Electrical Problem 1990 Chevy Corsica 4 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 94000 Miles How To Change An Ignition Key Lock Cylinder Step...
1990 Chevy Corsica How To Remove The Ignition Switch
1990 Chevy Corsica Mileage 125,000. I Read One Of Your Ignition Questions And It Applies To Me. However, It Is Not Plain To Me Exactly How...
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Ignition Switch Stuck
GM Key Fob Programming
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.