BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
HOW TO INSTALL REPAIR REPLACE IGNITION KEY LOCK ...
1988 Chevrolet Corsica
How To Install Repair Replace Ignition Key Lock Cylinder. Thanks so much.
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 AT 3:15 PM
Disassembly (Tilt Steering Column)
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove steering column from vehicle. See STEERING COLUMN SWITCHES in this section. Remove tilt lever.
2. Remove hazard warning knob and ignition key light. Remove wiper switch knob. Remove wiper switch tube mounting screws. Remove wiper switch tube. Rotate shaft fully clockwise.
3. Remove shaft by pulling straight out on shaft. Carefully remove plastic cover from lock plate. Using Compressor ( J 23653), remove lock plate retaining ring from shaft. See Fig. 1 .
4. Remove lock plate, canceling cam and upper bearing spring. Remove turn signal switch and actuator arm. Place ignition lock cylinder in "LOCK" position.
5. Using a thin screwdriver, depress ignition lock cylinder tab retainer. See Fig. 2 . Remove ignition lock cylinder. Remove housing cover from column.
Fig. 2: Removing Lock Cylinder (Typical)
Fig. 3: Removing Tilt Spring
note you dont' have to remove column to fix this also when installing new key lock, line up rectangular area in steering column and turn key to start to install.
Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 AT 3:59 PM
to post a reply.
1991 Chevrolet Truck Turning Key Does Nothing
Hello the truck was running fine turned it off came back 10 minutes later and turned the key and nothing happens no dash lights no
2000 Impala Ignition Switch Problem
I have a 2000 impala and have been having trouble with the passlock security system i have just removed the ignition switch and disa
1988 Chevy Silverado Ignition Lock/key Cylinder ...
1988 chevy silverado 1500 5 7 l tilt wheel the ignition switch lock cylinder will not turn when you try to turn it if feel like your
Many Turns Of The Key To Start
I have a 1988 chev silverado it take many turns of the key to start the truck i replaced the ignition switch but it still is doing th
Found 2,958 related questions
1992 Chevy Corsica Egnition Key Replace
1990 Chevy Corsica Ignition Key Lock Change
How Can I Start My Car Without Using The Ignition?
Manuals and Instructions
Got A Stuck Ignition Switch? Here Is How To Fix It
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Find a car manual for your car
GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.