CHEVY FUEL GAUGE JUMPIN

1993 Chevrolet Corsica

stevestud99

March, 18, 2008 AT 5:44 AM

1993 Chevy Corsica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

hi have a 93 corsica replaced fuel pump a while a go and car ran fine now the fuel gauge indicator goes way over below the full mark so I pulled the fuel pump assembly from tank and plugged it in it worked great every time I lifted float gas gauge was right on put tank back together and now I have same problem I did get car to run again for a bit it ran perfect until I replaced battery then fuel gauge went wacky again do I have a short in wiring harness or what if I do have a short how would I test I have a ohm meter dont know what to hook it to? Also seems when gauge is faulty doesnt seem to have fuel in line wont start but if gauge is reading right then it starts and runs just fine thanks for help.

bono bronco

March, 23, 2008 AT 10:06 PM

I had a 1990 corsica and my fuel gueage did the same thing and no mechanic could figure it out they thought I just had a short somewhere and a month or so after it started the alternator went and after I replaced it the guage did not do it anymore and a mechanic I know personally said there was a good chance it could of been the alternator acting up doing that. Just some little info I thought I could help on.

Leon

stevestud99

March, 24, 2008 AT 5:22 AM

Thanks bruno appreciate the help

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right