1990 Chevy Corsica low fuel pressure

JOSHUA.MAY8805
  • 1990 CHEVROLET CORSICA
Hi I wanna start off by saying how great this site is keep up the good work you guys have helped me out many times. My corsica started having starting problems and hesitating problems. I was for sure it was a faulty fuel pump. I replaced it and it did exactly the same thing. It is supposed to have between 40-47 psi with the fuel, but it only has 32. I also checked the fuel injecters with an ohm meter, found 2 that tested low so I replaced them thinking I solved the problem. Of course it didnt. Fuel filter has been replaced. I am just curios what else could cause low fuel pressure. I am thinking fuel pressure regulator. Also I had a check engine light the code was 33. I have no mass airflow sensor I thought maybe it could be my map sensor so I grabbed one off my buddys car a 96 monte carlo 3.1 and it plugged up the same but didnt make a difference. I think it is just a faulty brake pedal swicth cause my brother was driving it and it looked like my right brakelight was out but when he got back it was working so maybe it just stored that code when that happened. But there is my problem any help would be appreciated. Oh also how do you test fuel pressure regulators. I heard you start you engine and unplug the vaccum line and it should jump up a little in psi. There is no gas in the vaccumm line. Also pressure seems to not increase when you rev the engine with the fuel tester on it. Or get pressure when you turn on the ignition but I still here the fuel pump. Anything helps thanks.
Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 11:30 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Yeah thats how you test your pressure regulator.

http://www.2carpros.com/car_repair_video/test_fuel_injection_pressure.htm
go here to check fuel pressure and spark just incase
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 12:22 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Here for ignition/spark

http://www.2carpros.com/car_repair_video/test_engine_ignition_system.htm
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 12:23 PM
LEGITIMATE007
By the way, the pressure regulator is likely the problem.
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 12:24 PM