CHEVY WON'T START

2006 Chevrolet Colorado

waterspfan

February, 11, 2009 AT 11:27 AM

2006 Chevy Colorado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive 30000 miles

truck starts and runs fine, then after parking /turning off engine, when I return and try to start, it just turns over repeatedly but will not start. If I wait 10-15 minutes it will then start fine. This does not happen every time, but every week or two it will do it again. I have replaced the feul pump but problem still exists. Any suggestions?

updated 3/25/09
My chevy dealership has identified the problem as an anti theft/security problem the truck was having and the problem has been fixed. Hope that helps you.

tonycelia2000

March, 25, 2009 AT 5:53 PM

I have the same problem with my colorado im leaning towards a coil pack change what do you think?

tonycelia2000

March, 25, 2009 AT 5:55 PM

Im leaning towards changing out the coil pack? My colorado does the exact same thing! Let me know what you find out?

rhrichmond

August, 23, 2010 AT 8:52 PM

2005 Colorado 4x4 stick shift - I had the same thing happen and it had to do with the passlock system - it will keep your truck from starting for approximately 10 minutes, yes you will have to wait and let it sit- if you try to start it will just turn over forever. On my truck the solution was to change my starting procedure, I now keep the truck in neutral-turn the key all the way for a few seconds and then push in the clutch- it starts every time. If you have an automatic I don't know.

ohonestly

March, 9, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

Yes it happened to me too. I think that it's the passive lock (security system. It turns off the fule pump anf the engine won't start, but turns over again and again. Wait, turn off ignition etc. Is your truck leaking water into the cabin (driver side)?
Ken

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right