2007 CHEVY COLORADO WON,T START BUT THEN DOES ???

• Tom50407
  • 2007 Chevrolet Colorado

2007 Chevy Colorado 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 63500 miles

Chevy colerado 4 cy truck will turn over but won, t start you try a few times turning it over then let it sit then will start as normal had it in autoshop cked computer replaced a sensor but till has ve problem now it only happens sometimes maybe 2-3 times a week told when I bring it in its running & hard to see why it turns over but won, t start only at certain times only thing I got that has lighted on dask is a picture of the truck with a padlock thur it but goes away after it starts the next time any idea let me know thanks tom

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 AT 12:50 PM

• rasmataz

Next time it doesn't want to start do below imediately to catch wether it is a fuel or spark problem.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.

Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 AT 2:57 AM