1. Drain the cooling system.
2. Raise and support the vehicle only high enough to access the thermostat housing through the wheelhouse.
3. Remove the left wheelhouse liner.
4. Postition the J 38185 to the clamp in order to remove the radiator inlet hose from the thermostat housing.
5. Remove the thermostat housing bolts.
6. Remove the thermostat housing from the engine block.
7. Clean and inspect the thermostat housing.
8. Clean and inspect the sealing surface of the engine block.
1. Position the thermostat housing to the engine block.
2. Install the thermostat housing bolts. (tighten the thermostat housing bolts to 89 lb in)
3. Postion the J 381585 to the clamp in order to connect the radiator inlet hose.
4. Install the left wheelhouse liner.
5. Lower the vehicle.
6. Fill the cooling system.
7. Inspect all sealing surfaces for leaks after starting the engine.
Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 6:07 PM