2005 CHEVY COLORADO HEATER - A/C BLOWER MOTOR SPEED

• dockrock
  • 2005 Chevrolet Colorado

2005 Chevy Colorado Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 56000 miles

I have a 2005 Chev. Colorado Extreme light duty p/u. The blower motor for the a/c and heater has a 4 speed operating switch. When I set the blower motor switch to position 1, 2, & /or 3, the heater - a/c blower motor doesn't work. The blower motor switch turns the blower motor on in position 4 (highest speed) only. I have checked the ground cable to make sure it is grounded good and I have check all plugs to make sure everything is plugged in good.

What do you suggest?

Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 AT 4:38 PM

• mastertechtim

My friend you need a new blower motor resister. Its located right next to the blower motor. They always burn up.

Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 AT 4:45 PM
  • dockrock

I have not checked the blower motor resistor for continuity or voltage readings yet.

Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 AT 4:46 PM
  • BMRFIXIT

Check/ replace the blower motor speed resister

Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 AT 4:47 PM
  • rasmataz

Test the blower motor resistor that's okay -problem is coming from the HVAC control module.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_blower_4.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_blower_HVAC_control_module_1.jpg

Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 AT 4:54 PM
  • rwrife

It's probably the cable assembly (gray connector) located directly below the glove compartment storage on the passenger side. It's a known problem and usually is the result of the passenger's foot hitting the cable and causing the wire to short out. If you disconnect the cable and reconnect it, it'll usually work for a while (until it gets hit by a foot).

Monday, April 20th, 2009 AT 1:12 PM