CHEVY FRONT BRAKE JOB & ABS FAULT!

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

the1nonlybanker

April, 3, 2010 AT 11:49 PM

Brakes problem
2005 Chevy Colorado Four Wheel Drive Automatic 67000 miles

Did brake pads and rotors on two 2005 colorados, not exactly the best brake design i've ever seen. Did the job following chiltons & haynes repair manual. Now both truck have Abs faults. Through surfing forums and sites this seems to be a well-known unforgiving problem. Whats the solution? Seems like a safety design flaw to me given the fact that you almost guaranteed to mess this sensor up. And the fact that its built in to the 180-250 wheel hub is GM's way of putting dollar signs in their eyes. Thanks

hmac300

May, 16, 2010 AT 6:03 PM

If the ABS light is on and you just did a brake job, you need to get it scanned to see what the problem is. The wire harnesses going for ABS are very fine and can be easily broken. It may be a harness or sensor porblem. Until it's scanned hard telling what is causing it.

Fixerman97

July, 23, 2011 AT 11:01 PM

I also replaced front rotors and pads. I didnt take the time to change the sensors when I had it apart. After driving vehicle the fault came on by odometer and the ABS light. I took the time to change the sensors. Still the lights come on. Took it to a local shop. They tested it and said both front sensors are open. Both sensors are brand new. I replaced them exactly the way they came apart. Any suggestions on what to do next? Lost in IL

hmac300

July, 24, 2011 AT 1:06 AM

You really need a scan tool to put the light out as well as diagnose any abs problem. If you replaced the sensors then it could be the wires leading to the sensor wire. If you note what I said the last time the wires are very fine an dcan break easily so it may be that. But it really should have a pro look at it as he has a scanner that can read abs problems. Auto parts stores don't

Fixerman97

July, 24, 2011 AT 4:33 AM

Well I took it to a local mechanic and they scanned it and said that both front sensors were open. Being that I just replaced the sensors, and they wanted to charge me 650.00 to change the sensors I had just replaced didn't sound right to me. I find it hard to believe that both brand new sensors could be bad. I guess what I'll check next is the wires that connect to the sensor plugs. I was very delicate in reinstalling the new sensors so I don't think it could be from the plug to the sensor.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3