CHEVY ABS SENSOR

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

georgiasweety14

June, 9, 2009 AT 9:58 AM

Brakes problem
2005 Chevy Colorado 6 cyl Automatic 60,000 miles

I own a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado. Within the last few months I have replaced the front wheel bearings in both front tires. The first wheel bearing my mechanic replaced came with a sensor. The second wheel bearing on the other tire did not come with a sensor so I used the old sensor from the replaced bearing & it doesn't work. My ABS sensor light on my dashboard now stays lit.
The first couple of times I pat the brakes they want to lock up. Thereafter they are fine. My mechanic says I need a new sensor.
I am not a mechanic by any such means & I want to be certain this is what the problem is so I don't waste my time & money. Could you offer any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Mandy

Jacobandnickolas

June, 23, 2009 AT 3:14 PM

If the sensor had to be replaced with the bearing, why would they sell them seperately? Also, the abs is to help avoid the wheel from locking up so I doube it is making the wheel lock. Take the truck to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for codes. THere should be a code stored in the computer identifying if that sensor is bad or there is a different problem. Most will scan it for free, so there is no money out of pocket.

Let me know what you find.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma