Turn signal click

BLUE-MULE
  • 2008 CHEVROLET COBALT
Recently the seat belt, lights on and key in the ignition when off and door open stopped working. Also turn signals and 4 way flashers work but there is no clicking. What has caused this and where can I locate the sourWe?
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 AT 6:01 PM

MMPRINCE4000
Start with fuse box, check fuses either visually or with fuse tester.
-2
Monday, October 18th, 2010 AT 8:56 AM
GMTECH
All of those sounds actually come from your left front speaker. You either have a bad speaker or unfortunately a bad radio output which seems to be pretty common. Take it to your dealer to have them properly diagnose it.
Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 12:46 AM
GINGER15
  • 2007 CHEVROLET COBALT
Today when I was driving to work and I went to use my blinker, I noticed that the blinking noise stopped working. The light works, but the noise it makes to let me know my blinker is on, is not.
+2
Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 AT 7:31 PM (Merged)
GMTECH
This problem is usually the radio or the left front speaker. The sound for the signal is done through radio. If you turn your balance and fader to the left front you will see that the speaker will be inoperative.
+2
JKARNETS
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
I have switched out the light bulb of the turn signal thinking that would be the problem, but then all I could do was to get the turn signal to stay on. Now its not staying on at all. What could the problem be. In order for it to stay on I had to move the bulb in the socket around a little bit. The guy at the parts store told me it could be the flasher but I have no idea where that is located!
Please help! I don't want to spend money going somewhere when I can fix it myself!
Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 AT 7:32 PM (Merged)
The flasher may be part of the hazard switch.
JKARNETS
The hazards work except for the front passenger. I am pretty sure it's just the socket. I played with the bulb yesterday and got it to work for a little bit and then something happened in the socket where the bulb stopped working. The bulb is fine and I am pretty sure that the wiring is fine. I now just need to get a new socket then I think it will work!

Thanks!
Make sure the bulb wasn't made in china if it is throw it away cause they are junk. Then try putting dielectric grease on the bulb metal and see if that works.
WESCOTT.CLARK
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
At night when I am driving with my high beams on and I have to use my right turn signal, all of my lights blink on and off - In unison with the turn signal

Headlights. High beams. Running Lights.
MMPRINCE4000
It is either the turn signal switch or a short in wiring.

If this just happened, I would think the signal stalk.
ALYAK
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
My '06 Chevy Cobalt LT front passenger turn signal went out, and caused the interior and exterior running lights to stop working. Local Chevy dealer said I need to replace the entire headlight unit, I think it should just replace the wire harness.

Mechanic says headlight socket is corrodid, and the bulb is stuck inside the harness. Should I just replace the wire harness itself? Or do what Chevy wants me to do? I don't have a warranty, nor do I have a lot of money. I need a cheaper way of fixing this without causing more problems than I already have with this car. Please help! I am running out of options.
SATURNTECH9
Take a look at the harness if the bulb is stuck and the socket is corroded you will have to replace the socket. You can replace the socket yourself to save money. Do you need help finding a socket?
+6
JAHOLATA
  • 2005 CHEVROLET COBALT
We found that the socket was bad so we replaced the wiring harness and the bulb but it still blinks fast
ASEMASTER6371
Examine the rest of the bulbs first. Then recheck the ground connection for that socket. It may have a bad ground

KHLOW2008
When it is blinking fast are all exterior bulbs working correctly? Does it occur to both sides?
+2
VILLALOBOS47
  • 2005 CHEVROLET COBALT
2005 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl

When I switch my right turn signal on, the front signal blinks rapidly and the rear signal does not blink at all (though it does turn on with the other tail light when I unlock the car). The left signals work fine. I changed the bulb, but it still doesn't blink when turned on. Any ideas? Thanks.
ERNEST CLARK
The flasher circuit is designed to blink rapidly when one of the bulbs in that circuit fails.

Make sure you changed all the bulbs in that tail light housing that doesn't work.

If you are absolutely sure that all the bulbs are good, then look in the wiring or connector for corrosion or a loose wire/connector.
ALBERTWAKELY
  • 2005 CHEVROLET COBALT
My passenger side signal lights won't flash on front or back but the do flash regularly in the dash.I put all new bulbs in
WRENCHTECH
The turn signals are controlled by the Body Control module. About all you could do yourself is test all your fuses. Beyond that would require some real expensive equipment and electrical knowledge.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2005 CHEVROLET COBALT
How to replace the signal light relay on a 2005 Chevy Cobalt