CHEVY NO START

1995 Chevrolet Cheyenne

daltonfamily

September, 28, 2010 AT 1:43 PM

1995 Chevy Cheyenne V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 198000 miles

My 95 Chevy 1500 started stalling while driving. The first time it shut down, I was able to start up again and drive about 10 feet before it shut off again. Over the course of about 5 minutes I had to restart it several times in order to park it. The only way I was able to keep it running was by gassing it up. Now it has no start. I have only had the pickup for a month but according to the previous owner the fuel filter and pump had been replaced recently. The gap in the spark plug is off but I am not getting any spark that I can tell by grounding the wires. Is there a better way to determine the failed part without trial and error as I am not able to afford many parts. Thanks

September, 28, 2010 AT 5:21 PM

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

daltonfamily

October, 8, 2010 AT 1:45 PM

Replaced ignition coil, started briefly and would only stay running when throttled up. Fuel is flowing from injectors but unsure if it is enough.

October, 8, 2010 AT 2:08 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and also try cleaning out the idle air control valve and EGR valve and test throttle position sensor-

D-Rek07

October, 9, 2010 AT 9:48 AM

You might want to rebuild the engine. That happened to me once

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang