1995 CHEVY CHEYENNE NO START

• daltonfamily
  • 1995 Chevrolet Cheyenne

1995 Chevy Cheyenne V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 198000 miles

My 95 Chevy 1500 started stalling while driving. The first time it shut down, I was able to start up again and drive about 10 feet before it shut off again. Over the course of about 5 minutes I had to restart it several times in order to park it. The only way I was able to keep it running was by gassing it up. Now it has no start. I have only had the pickup for a month but according to the previous owner the fuel filter and pump had been replaced recently. The gap in the spark plug is off but I am not getting any spark that I can tell by grounding the wires. Is there a better way to determine the failed part without trial and error as I am not able to afford many parts. Thanks

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 1:43 PM

• rasmataz

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 5:21 PM
  • daltonfamily

Replaced ignition coil, started briefly and would only stay running when throttled up. Fuel is flowing from injectors but unsure if it is enough.

Friday, October 8th, 2010 AT 1:45 PM
  • rasmataz

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and also try cleaning out the idle air control valve and EGR valve and test throttle position sensor-

Friday, October 8th, 2010 AT 2:08 PM
  • D-Rek07

You might want to rebuild the engine. That happened to me once

Saturday, October 9th, 2010 AT 9:48 AM