CHECK GAGES LIGHT

Chevrolet Cavalier

Octavio

June, 13, 2007 AT 12:11 PM

I own a 1992 Cavalier 2.8 133,005 km manual transmission.

A couple of days ago, I had to turn and stop, but when I wanted to run again, the car got dead.

The starter did sound, but the engine didn't start. Then, a couple of minutes later, the car started as if nothing ever happened.

then yesterday it did happened the same, but when I managed to get the car started again the " check gages" light went on, but ir did go off on a turn, and then again lit on in a straight road.

Today the car did drove normally, no lights lit on the dashboard, but a couple of blocks away from my job the " check gages" light came on again and the car started to make a rattling noise (kinda sound of the diesel engines) and smoke started to come out from the exhaust and under the hood.

This is my first car, service was made to it a month or so ago. And in has almos full gas on it

less than a month ago the O2 sensor was replaced for one new, because the old one went dead.

¿What could be the problem? I would appreciatte any suggestion

Service Writer

June, 14, 2007 AT 5:22 AM

The check gages light means what it says. There is somthing happening that needs you to see what gages is telling you that there is a problem. The charging, temperature, oil gages would be the ones to first look at. Check both you coolant and oil for levels also.

Octavio

June, 14, 2007 AT 10:38 AM

Thanks for the advice, Yesterday in the evening I noticed that the temperature indicator is placed at the highest level, so I'm going to check those levels.

Service Writer

June, 14, 2007 AT 3:11 PM

That would be the gauge!

If you run it in the red zone, you can cause some expensive damage. It may be more than just low fluid-coolant in particular.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda