2003 Chevy Cavalier Had problem with oil change at dealer

BRENGREEN32
  • 2003 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Other Category problem
2003 Chevy Cavalier Engine Size unknown Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 51000 miles

In late november I had my oil changed at the dealership. Last week I noticed smoke coming from under my hood. I popped the hood and discovered that there was no oil cap on the oil thing. I called the dealership and they came out to where I was and put a cap on it and found my cap down in the engine. They drove it back and put more oil in it. Now my check engine light is coming on and it smells like burnt rubber outside of my car. It is throwing a p0507 RPM high code. It is idling at 1/2 of a rpm. It goes up to almost 1 rpm when I put the defrost on. When I have my defrost on it sounds funny. Any ideas? Is it the dealers fault? Thanks for any help you can give me. The check engine light came on when I had to wait along time at the bank and I was in park. After I had the diagnostics put on it the check engine light went off. Is this anything to worry about? Any ideas on what it could be?
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 AT 7:13 PM

JACK42
The smell is most likely the oil on the exhaust sytem. As far as the noise with the defroster on. That setting turns on the a/c, so what you are hearing is most likely the a/c compressor running and the PCM turns the idle up to compensate for the drag on the engine, albeit 1000 rpms is way too high. Have the PCM cleared and drive it to see if th esame code comes back, if it does, get back to me
Thursday, January 24th, 2008 AT 1:50 PM