CHEVY DASHBOARD LIGHT GAUGES

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

SWEET1020

March, 31, 2008 AT 3:17 PM

Brakes problem
2000 Chevy Cavalier 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I TOOK MY CAR IN FOR VIRGINIA INSPECTIONS, AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE EXCEPT IT REQUIRED 1 NEW REAR BRAKE LIGHT BULB. BUT, THE BRAKE LIGHT WARNING WAS LIT ON THE DASH, AND THE ABS LIGHT. THEY CHECKED THE BRAKES AND ALL WAS FINE, THEY ARE FAIRLY NEW AND HAVE VERY FEW MILES ON THEM, AND THEY WORK GREAT. THE EMERGENCY BRAKE WAS USED ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO WHILE PARKING ON A HILL, AND IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO GO BACK AND SEAT PROPERLY WHERE YOU STEP ON IT. CAN I DO SOMETHING TO TIGHTEN THE EMERGENCY BRAKE PEDAL BETTER. I HAVE 16 DAYS TO GET IT REINSPECTED.

merlin2021

March, 31, 2008 AT 3:29 PM

Check the cables first, if they are frozen, or sticking, they need to be replaced, if they move freely in the guides, then first adjust the rear brakes, then the cable. The ABS ligh has nothing to do with the red Parking brake light. ABS codes need to be read with a scanner capable of reading " C" codes.

Open Hood Video