1998 Chevy Cavalier hard to start

MUSCLES
  • 1998 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
My 1998 caviler is hard to start, check engine light does not work checked all the fuses, fuel pressure ok, spark is ok, need to find why check engine light does not come on. May be injectors? Needs computer? What next.
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 9:19 AM

SERVICE WRITER
Need more info.

When is it hard to start?

IT does start though? Drivibility problems after that or runs fine?

What is "hard to start" mean? Long crank. Doesn't want to crank etc.

On the CEL, when you first turn the key to the run position before cranking, does the light illuminate for a few seconds, or it never comes on?
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 10:28 AM
MUSCLES
Thanks for your help. The check engine light does not come on, even with the key on. Maybe a bad computer, do not want to change it because the dealer said it would have to be reprogramed. I talked to the dealer. Fuel pressure is ok. Hard to start cold or hot. All of the coils have spark. Compressinn ok. Exuast is not stopped up. The car runs fine long as you spray fuel in the intake. How do you test fuel injectors. What next. Did somebody take the bulb out of the dash. What next?
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 6:45 PM
SERVICE WRITER
On the light, yeah pull the cluster and check the bulb, may be a burned out bulb.

You can check the injectors to see if they are pulsing with a noid light that hooks to the injector connector.

If this was mine I would go take a look at the pcm. That year had a problem with moisture getting into it as it was not protected from salt and moisture. I have seen some split wide open. It is located in the right front wheel well/behind the bumper area.
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 7:36 PM