CHEVY RADIATOR FAN NOISE

2001 Chevrolet Camaro

tstad9i

January, 13, 2008 AT 6:57 AM

Engine problem
2001 Chevy Camaro V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 72000 miles

When I turn off the engine and step out of the car, I can hear the radiator fan squeaking as it spools down. Its not very loud, infact I can only hear it when I pull into my garage at home. When I shutdown in a parking lot or the garage at work, the noise isn't loud enough to hear over the outside noises. If I turn off the engine and stay inside the car, I can't hear this noise at all. With the engine on, the fan is no louder now than it ever has been.

The engine does not overheat even with the A/C on. The voltmeter reads the same as it has for years, I haven't noticed any change. No codes, no SES light. The car does have 72,000 miles and I did drive with the A/C on all the time when I recently lived in south FL for 2 years but I've only noticed the noise very recently.

Should I be concerned about this noise? Should I just spray some kind of lubricant for electric motors or is this noise a sign of a worn out part that's going to fail soon and replace it now before it fails and causes some real damage?

rainingoct

July, 22, 2008 AT 2:01 AM

My old Buick has exactly the same problem. Any suggestion for the source of the noise and possible solution?

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet