CHEVY COOLANT LEAKING

1994 Chevrolet Camaro

tonyasue98

February, 2, 2009 AT 5:55 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

What would make the coolant bubble up out of the overfill? It isn't leaking out anywhere else and you can see around the cap where it has come out there. Could it possibly be the thermostat?

obxautomedic

February, 2, 2009 AT 6:00 PM

If the vehicle is not overheating it could just be a bad radiator cap.

If it is overheating it could be the thermostat.

.

tonyasue98

February, 2, 2009 AT 6:08 PM

No, it's not overheating, but I've also been having trouble with the heat not getting hot sometimes and I wondered if maybe that it could mean it was the thermostat. Thanks for the help! I was just hoping it wasn't something that was going to cost an outragous amount of money to repair.

obxautomedic

February, 2, 2009 AT 6:13 PM

Is the vehicle running at normal temp? Or is it running cooler than normal?

If cooler than normal thermostat is most likely stuck open and needs to b replaced. That could also be the cause of the heat problem.

I would get a new radiator cap and try it first or have it pressure tested.

.

tonyasue98

February, 2, 2009 AT 6:35 PM

It's running at about the same temp as it did before, but still blows out cold air. Sometimes it blows out cold air if the fluid is low, but lately even if it's just been filled it still blows out cold air.

obxautomedic

February, 2, 2009 AT 6:49 PM

Ok, it could be the Heater Control Valve it is located under the dash board on passenger side first squeeze the glove box and pull it off by taking off the 3 bolts on the bottom then take off the 2 bolts on the heater core cover once that is off just look to your right there it is. Check all connections.

.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement