LUG NUT STUD MISSING

• AChwalibog
  • Chevrolet Blazer

I recently sheared off the lug nut stud while trying to remove the lug nuts on my 1996 Chevy Blazer 4.3L. Can the studs be replaced individually and what is the expected cost?

Saturday, April 21st, 2007 AT 9:01 PM

• de3n8fan

Well, wheel studs are cheap at the parts store. If you can drive the old one out and theres a way(some have a space in their design to replace studs)its not a bad job.

Is it the front or rear? Is it 4wd or 2wd?

Monday, April 23rd, 2007 AT 11:10 AM
  • AChwalibog

Front.4wd. I heard a rumor it was tough.

Monday, April 23rd, 2007 AT 8:20 PM
  • de3n8fan

Sorry for the delay.I havent had a blazer for a little over year and a half (until recently)so I talked to a mechanic friend of mine to find out how hard it is and he said its not bad at all.

Just pull the tire, brake calaber, and the rotor off (may still have a small ring on one stud to hold rotor on hub(not needed).)Drive old one out replace with new one(should be a way to put it in.)Replace rotor, apply lug nut and tighten to pull stud into place. Remove lug nut and rotor to make sure it has pulled up tight.(Like the others.)If not then reapply rotor and add a few washers (if you need more threads to pull it into place.)(If you dont have the washers you can use the wheel.)Be sure to make sure stud has seated(like others)replace all the parts that you removed and your done.

See, now that wasnt that bad was it.

Above all, practice safe jacking and use ALL safety equipment that would prevent personal injury(safety glasses etc.)And good luck.

Tuesday, April 24th, 2007 AT 3:27 PM