HEATER CORE PROBLEM OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Chevrolet Blazer

imthewalruss

June, 18, 2007 AT 2:40 PM

I just bought a 2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4.3L 2WD. The a/c blows really cold but it emits an awful odor and smoke or fog. When I turn the thermostat to a warmer setting, the smoke gets worse. I have flushed the radiator and it does not overheat. It smells a lot like antifreeze. I'm thinking it might be the heater core, but there's no visible leak inside the cab. The smoke comes out through the a/c vents. I don't claim to be good at working on vehicles, but if I can repair this myself and save the cost of having it repaired I will. However, looking in a repair manual at replacing a heater core (if that's even the problem) it seems like quite a task.

M_H_RITZEL

June, 18, 2007 AT 9:48 PM

Check around the hose connections on the firewall first. See if there is any kind of leak. If none found then the heater core is leaking. It is a job to do, it tkes time but one could do it. Check the hoses first. One could be letting it leak go to the inside.

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro