2002 CHEVY BLAZER WON'T START

• Tessadow
  • 2002 CHEVROLET BLAZER

2002 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175, 00 miles

My Blazer has been having a hard start all winter, and now, when I went to start it; it won't turn over. With all the power turned off (a/c off, unlocked, radio off) When I go to try and start it, all the power comes on, and the back window unlaches. I am trying to find out what is wrong with the starting of my blazer. Thank you

Saturday, April 4th, 2009 AT 9:46 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Is the starter working?

Monday, April 6th, 2009 AT 12:22 PM
  • Tessadow

The starter is working, it takes at least 10 times to start it. I hooked my battery charger to it, and the battery was dead, so I bought a new one, it still takes about 10 times to crank it to get it to turn over, once I it started, I disconnected the battery to see if it was my alternator, and it stayed running. So, I'm not thinkin that that its my alternator. I do hear a hum when I turn the key in the on postition, but that doesn't rule out my fuel pump.

Monday, April 6th, 2009 AT 6:12 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I would start by testing fuel pump pressure. Here is a how to video.

http://www.2carpros.com/dia/test_fuel_pressure.htm

Let me know what you find. Also, in addition to pressure, pay attention to bleed off.

Tuesday, April 7th, 2009 AT 10:40 AM