CHEVY WON'T START

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

tessadow

April, 4, 2009 AT 9:46 PM

2002 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175, 00 miles

My Blazer has been having a hard start all winter, and now, when I went to start it; it won't turn over. With all the power turned off (a/c off, unlocked, radio off) When I go to try and start it, all the power comes on, and the back window unlaches. I am trying to find out what is wrong with the starting of my blazer. Thank you

Jacobandnickolas

April, 6, 2009 AT 12:22 PM

Is the starter working?

tessadow

April, 6, 2009 AT 6:12 PM

The starter is working, it takes at least 10 times to start it. I hooked my battery charger to it, and the battery was dead, so I bought a new one, it still takes about 10 times to crank it to get it to turn over, once I it started, I disconnected the battery to see if it was my alternator, and it stayed running. So, I'm not thinkin that that its my alternator. I do hear a hum when I turn the key in the on postition, but that doesn't rule out my fuel pump.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 7, 2009 AT 10:40 AM

I would start by testing fuel pump pressure. Here is a how to video.

http://www.2carpros.com/dia/test_fuel_pressure.htm

Let me know what you find. Also, in addition to pressure, pay attention to bleed off.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe