2000 Chevy Blazer Heater not working propely

DRUMRAMMER
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Heater gives low heat.

One hose gets hot the other stays low.
If I turn the ac/heat all off both hose get hot.
I also checked radiator hoses I heat up the engine the hose on the bottom stays cold.
Temperture stays on 200 F
Is the thermostat broken?

Hope that somebody can help me het is getting cold in the Netherlands.
Thanks Gus
Sunday, November 29th, 2009 AT 10:29 AM

JAMESWIA
Always start with the basics. Check coolant level and condition, leaks, hose condition (soft/mushiness), listen for any strange noise ( tapping or gurgling) from running engine, and coolant smell. You may wish to have a cooling system / radiator cap pressure test done. Also have the tech check the coolant for voltage. (This will sometimes happen to old coolant that has acid build up.)

If the lower radiator hose is a constantly cold, that is the biggest clue. Make sure your tech knows.

Concentrate on these three possible areas: Radiator core restriction or collapsed hose. (Have tech use IR gun to check for hot and cold spots.), Water pump impeller / bearing problem. (Creating restriction or low flow.), Lastly, the thermostat.

Always have the tech do the basic cooling system inspections. There could be more than one problem. Always have the cooling system flushed when service is taking place.
Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 AT 11:18 AM
DRUMRAMMER
Thanks for your information next week the car goes for service to my garage.
If printed your advice so he will be notifited.

Gus Peeters
Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 AT 11:57 AM
DRUMRAMMER

Gus Peeters

I drove for 6 six days with barsleak in the system then the mechanic flushed the system with water the sludge came out.
Fild the system with new coolant heat up the engine and yes the heather is hot and the interieur getting warm I mean hot.
So problem solved the mechanic told me he did a hundred cars with the same problem.
Japanese german american cars so it's not a Chevrolet problem.
Thanks for you support and have a nice christmas.
Greetz Guus
Thursday, December 24th, 2009 AT 4:00 PM