CHEVY FUEL FILTER OR FUEL PUMP

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

sattodo

August, 18, 2008 AT 12:12 PM

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I have a question about our 2000 blazer. A few weeks ago we ran out of gas. Yes I know worst thing you can do! Well about 4 days ago we were driving came to a stop sign waited to go and as we were taking off the truck just died. We tried starting it and it would turn over but not start. So we had a friend come out and we checked everything from the fuel pump fuze to spark plugs everything. Well when we first started the fuel pump was not running we couldnt hear it. Then we took a mallet and hit the bottom and after about 3 times it started to work again but still wouldnt start. There was pressure in the fuel line and would turn over but not start yet. After trying to start it so many times we had to recharge our battery. Charged it for about 15-20 mins and tried starting it and turned right over and started. Now it runs but has alot of hesitation and yesterday went to store and it didnt start till the 5th time trying to turn it over. We need it to run right its our family car and scared to death to take it anywhere. What should we do? IF we change the filter would that stop it from hesitating?

SWilliams

August, 19, 2008 AT 2:41 PM

Sounds like the fuel pump has failed. Replace it and the filter. Should take care of the problem. The hesitation is because the pump isn't supplying enough pressure and volume.

greg3734

August, 27, 2008 AT 12:27 PM

I had the same problem I learned the hard way got stuck far from home.I thought it needed a tuneup I change everything. It was the fuel pump its cost me about 700 dollars to get it fix good luck

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe