FUEL FILTER

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

markdogg

November, 7, 2013 AT 6:53 PM

Do I NEED a jack and line wrench to change the fuel filter or can I just crawl under n use pliers or an adjustable wrench to remove it? I have the quick disconnect tool. Its actually a girls car and she said her boyfriend cant fix it because he doesnt have the right size line wrench or a jack. I disagree I believe it can be done without those things

obxautomedic

November, 7, 2013 AT 7:33 PM

You will need a few tools you will need a set of sockets to loosen the bolt or Strap holding the filter in place, you will also need line wrenchs or regular open end wrenchs plus a pair of needle nose pliers. One end of the filter is threaded and the other has a plastic clip. Once you purchase the new filter you will see what I mean. As far as needing to jack it up or not depends on round clearance, if you can crawl under it and turn on your side and still have a few inches of space between you and the vehicle frame the no. I will usually go ahead and jack it up just to make sure I have plenty of room to maneuver, do to the gas that will come out of the line.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe