STARTER MOTOR REPLACEMENT
* Place the vehicle on a hoist.
1. Negative battery cable.
2. Brush end mounting bracket (if equipped).
3. Solenoid wiring.
O Raise the vehicle.
4. Skid plate (if equipped).
5. Bolts and the two brackets holding the brake pipe to the crossmember.
6. Crossmember (three bolts on each side).
7. Bracket holding the transmission fluid cooler lines to the flywheel housing, brace rod to the flywheel housing, and/or the lower flywheel housing if necessary.
8. Two bolts holding the starter to the engine.
9. Starter and the shim (if equipped).
1. Starter and shims in their original locations (if equipped) to the engine with bolts.
* Starter mounting bolts to 43 Nm (32 lbs. Ft.).
2. Lower flywheel cover (if removed).
3. Transmission lines bracket to the housing (if equipped).
4. Brace rod to the housing (if equipped).
5. Crossmember to the frame end with six bolts.
6. Two brake line brackets to the crossmember with bolts.
7. Skid plate (it equipped).
8. Solenoid wiring
9. Brush end brace and wiring (if equipped).
* Brush end brace nuts to 11 Nm (97 lbs. In.).
10. Wires to the solenoid terminals.
11. Negative battery cable.
Friday, August 20th, 2010 AT 8:20 PM