CHEVY A/C DOESNT BLOW

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

crowderjustin

May, 31, 2009 AT 11:59 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1995 Chevy Blazer Two Wheel Drive Automatic 234000 miles

Hello, recently I bought a 95 blazer LE. Everything runs fine except for the A/C. The A/C works. It just doesnt blow any air through the vents on the face of the dash. It does, however blow through the 'defrost' vents on top of the dash (the vents right beside the front window). The 'defrost' vents will blow cold air but it takes a while for it to cool the car. I bought a new air filter to see if that might solve the problem, but it didnt. I've hit a wall. I need A/C in my car, but I dont have the money to get it fixed. PLEASE help me figure out what's wrong and how to go about fixing it myself. Thank you very much for your assistance!

JWC

Jack42

June, 1, 2009 AT 8:16 AM

There is a small black plastic vacuum line that attaches to theengine then goes through the firewall at the passenger side. It is broken or has come unattached. You can repair the plastic line with small vacuum hose. It should attach to the engine at the rear of the intake

crowderjustin

June, 1, 2009 AT 8:10 PM

Thank you very much for your help. However, Im having trouble finding the vaccume line. Can u tell me where to find it in the engine? (Top right, bottom left, etc.) I tried to upload a picture so that u could point it out for me but for some reason wasnt able to. I know I can send pictures using my hotmail account. If u can give me ur email address I can send u pictures of my engine. Sure do appreciate u!

Jack42

June, 2, 2009 AT 12:09 AM

Looking at the engine, it should be passenger side rear where it hooks up

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe