CHEVY DIES WHILE DRIVING AND IDLING

1991 Chevrolet Blazer

shadowstriker

January, 26, 2008 AT 3:08 AM

Engine problem
1991 Chevy Blazer 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 198485 miles

ok I got a brain teaser for you guys (or maybe not I suck with cars) im driving on the freeway fine, but once I get on the exit ramp and get to a red light for a few sec, the car rumbles and dies, I start it again just fine, then when I press down the accelerator normally, it barely moves, then jolts like I put it all the way down, then dies again. I start it up again just fine, does the same thing but doesnt die this time, I pull over to a gas station, checked all the fluids and they're ok. I start it up again and it does the same thing again, only now it dies again at another red light, so I start it up, but at another red light I have one foot on the brake and one foot on the accelerator so that it keeps it from dying, so what am I lookin at here, is it the alternator, fuel filter, spark plugs or what?

Dies On Idle

cpandc

February, 13, 2013 AT 10:07 AM

Had same problem with 91 blazer, not spider assembly or fuel pump etc. Turned out to be distributor module ! Easy fix. That cured my problem, and was prob. The least exspensive. Hope this helps you !

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement