1986 Chevy Blazer NOT ABLE TO START!

SHERWOOD
  • 1986 CHEVROLET BLAZER
IT'S A S-10 CARBURETED MODEL 2.8 V6. CAN HAS BEEN STALLING THE PAST FEW DAYS! TODAY IT WOULDN'T START, SO I REPLACED THE PLUGS, DISTTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR! AGAIN, TURNING OVER STILL NOT STARTING. BEING 'ITS A CARBURETED MODEL, ELIMINATES A FUSE OR RELAY; COULD IT BE THE MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP AND IF SO WHERE COULD I FIND IT? OR ANY OTHER THOUGHTS PLEASE INFORM ME! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
Saturday, March 6th, 2010 AT 3:09 PM

Carb or EFI system do below and get back with some testing results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Saturday, March 6th, 2010 AT 3:14 PM
CECIL HUNTER
On the carbrator model the pump is on the bottom front right side of the engine if you are looking from the front but make sure that your plugs are getting fire from them by pulling off one of the plug wires and sticking a screw driver in it and put it close to a good ground ground source like a steel bracket then crank it to see if it sparks. If it does take your fuel line off the carb and crank it to see if it squerts out gas. If it does put you finger on it to make sure it has plenty pressure. Hope this helps.I have a 85 model.
Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 1:56 AM