CHEVY MASTER CYLINDER

1994 Chevrolet Beretta

samanthastroud

December, 8, 2009 AT 12:26 PM

Brakes problem
1994 Chevy Beretta 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Can you please help me I am trying to fix my mother's car. I am trying to bench bleed the master cylinder on her car, how long should it take to bench bleed that unit. I seem to have the same push on it as I did when I started, Have worked on it for 2 days

Jacobandnickolas

December, 21, 2009 AT 8:18 AM

WHen you bench bleed the MC, all you are doing is removing the air from it before installing it in the car. Fill it with fluid, run two hoses from the output up and back into the resivour so they are under the fluid. Now pump it until there are no air bubbles coming out of the output lines. Once the air is out, it is bled and can be installed.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns. NOTE: When bench bleading, you won't notice any difference in pressure becuase the it really is doing nothing but transfering fluid to nowhere.

samanthastroud

December, 26, 2009 AT 9:08 PM

They are four lines on the master cylinder are all four of them outputs or what?

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement