REAR SEAT AUDIO

Chevrolet Avalanche

ksnipes

March, 17, 2007 AT 11:04 AM

I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66 with 47,000, V8. It has rear seat controls for the radio and CD player that have just quit working. There is no power to those controls right now, nothing lights up. The power outlet below the controls still works, but nothing on the audio controls. I tried looking for a burnt fuse, but found none that looked bad. Any ideas on what else I can check for?

I Think That I Blew A Fuse

Stereo Fuse

1 ANSWER

dennyp

December, 6, 2007 AT 8:59 PM

Do you have the original stereo or an aftermarket?

ksnipes

December, 15, 2007 AT 12:23 PM

Yes, everything is factory.

dennyp

December, 15, 2007 AT 3:20 PM

Here is a schematic. You need to verify power and ground to the rear seat audio module.If the module has 12 volts and good ground,then replace the module.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/102900_840699_1.jpg

ksnipes

[quote=" dennyp" ]here is a schematic. You need to verify power and ground to the rear seat audio module. If the module has 12 volts and good ground, then replace the module.

Thank you for the schematic. It is a little small to read, is there someplace on line I can get a larger image of that schematic? I really appreciate your help.

Kent

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video