Rear SEAT audio

KSNIPES
  • CHEVROLET AVALANCHE

I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66 with 47,000, V8. It has rear seat controls for the radio and CD player that have just quit working. There is no power to those controls right now, nothing lights up. The power outlet below the controls still works, but nothing on the audio controls. I tried looking for a burnt fuse, but found none that looked bad. Any ideas on what else I can check for?

Saturday, March 17th, 2007 AT 11:04 AM

DENNYP

Do you have the original stereo or an aftermarket?

Thursday, December 6th, 2007 AT 8:59 PM
KSNIPES

Yes, everything is factory.

Saturday, December 15th, 2007 AT 12:23 PM
DENNYP

Here is a schematic. You need to verify power and ground to the rear seat audio module.If the module has 12 volts and good ground,then replace the module.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/102900_840699_1.jpg

Saturday, December 15th, 2007 AT 3:20 PM
KSNIPES

[quote="dennyp"]here is a schematic. You need to verify power and ground to the rear seat audio module. If the module has 12 volts and good ground, then replace the module.

Thank you for the schematic. It is a little small to read, is there someplace on line I can get a larger image of that schematic? I really appreciate your help.

Kent

Thursday, January 3rd, 2008 AT 11:05 PM