2006 CHEVY AVALANCHE OIL CONSUMPTION

• DavidFleming
  • 2006 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE

Engine problem
2006 Chevy Avalanche V8 Four Wheel Drive 50000 miles

Hi
I just recently purchased a 2006 Avalanche. After approximately 5500km the oil light came on and I had to add about 1L of oil. Is this something to be concerned about of have looked into.

Also have recently had "chugging" of the vehicle when accelerating from 80km/hr to 100km/hr or up a steep hill. (Note rpm jumps to over 2000 rpm at this time). This has happened for two recent fill-ups so I am thinking it is not a bad batch of fuel.
The next step I was thinking of was "fuel injector cleaner". Or should this be addressed in some other manner?

Any help/advice is appreciated

David

Monday, February 4th, 2008 AT 7:06 PM

• The Factory Man

Engines usually consume some oil and the harder they are driven the more oil they will consume. Manufacturers don't get too concerned unless the engine is burning more than 1 qt in 2000 miles. As far as injector cleaning I suggest you use only Top Tier Gas which has additional additives in it to control carbon and deposit build up.

Monday, March 3rd, 2008 AT 9:55 AM
  • Rhall77

I would suggest replacing your fuel filter after the bad batch of gas. Trust me those filters plug up easy. If you are interested in having your injectors cleaned, go to the dealer and have them do GM top engine cleaner. The stuff works great. Alittle pricey, but it works. It is normal for gm engines to burn oil.

Friday, March 7th, 2008 AT 1:15 PM