991 VAN CRANKING PROBLEMS

1999 Chevrolet Astro

Cave Rat

September, 7, 2007 AT 3:29 AM

I have a 1991 Astro Van with a 4.3 6 CY Z model engine.

In the last few weeks I have not been able to crank the van unless I press the gas pedal to the floor.

It sounds like it is out of gas, but soon as I press the gas pedal to the floor, it will fire up. Also, feels like it has a huge miss when I apply the breaks, even on level ground. I even had it to stall out, sitting at a stop sign or light for a long period of time.

I replaced to IAC in the vehical and it fired up great for about 5 cranks and acted fine. It sat over night and the problem returned. Thought I got a defective part, so I got another IAC and did the same thing, this time after 4 cranks.

I have replaced the plugs, Fuel Pump Relay, EGR Vac. Switch, Dis. Cap, Rotor Button, Temp. Sending Unit, Air Filter, and O2 Sensor. I also replaced the Fuel Filter. I can also hear the Fuel Pump running in the tank.

Replaced the TPS 8/2006

I also have a Code 32 (EGR on Fuel Injected) showing up. I have replaced the EGR Valve and EGR Vac. Switch and it is still showing up.

HELP!

September, 7, 2007 AT 4:00 AM

CPI or TBI injection? Try checking the fuel pressure and for vacuum leak

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford