CHEVY WON'T START

2002 Chevrolet Astro

jwleroy49

March, 18, 2010 AT 12:24 AM

2002 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

Recently had a stereo and amplifier installed and have run the battery down a few times and had to jump start. Won't start now, ran the battery down trying. Bought a battery booster and that hasn't done it, the engine turns over but won't fired. It has gas in it so I know it's not that. Should I try a new battery, or is it something else?

March, 18, 2010 AT 4:37 AM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

kurtdrof

March, 18, 2010 AT 10:50 PM

I drove from Houston to Fort Worth yesterday in my '02 Astro with no problems. Today, it will not start. No problems with the battery. I changed the fuel filter. It does not appear to be getting any gas. Is there a foolproof way to tell if the fuel pump is working? I could not find a fuel pressure measurement port. I also checking the engine codes - no codes were present.

March, 19, 2010 AT 3:10 AM

Follow the fuel lines towards the engine -could be on the fuel rail

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right