CHEVY STARTING

2002 Chevrolet Astro

ctriver

August, 31, 2009 AT 7:05 PM

2002 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I have a 2002 astro van It runs great for weeks then you shut it off and it wont restart give it an hour or two bang you are off and running then it does it again in a couple of day any ideas

Jacobandnickolas

September, 2, 2009 AT 1:30 PM

When this happens, have you checked to see if the engine is getting spark and fuel?

ctriver

September, 2, 2009 AT 7:49 PM

It tries to start runs for 3 seconds then dies maybe long enough for about 20 psi oil as I have no tac if it sits for hour it will run I drove it all day 2 day and it never did it may go for weeks before it does it again guy told me grounds engine frame going to try it as gauges are going hay wire also dash has every light that could ever light up on and head lights flash like when you signal someone for cops doing radar crazy f---ing van my friend who owns a garage has never heard of this before this van is a real gem also you can hear fuel pump runing to check for spark and fule is a ball bust bacause of cowl maybe I will run it with out for a couple of days thanks

Jacobandnickolas

September, 2, 2009 AT 8:22 PM

It does sound like there is a ground problem. Have you checked the ground from the battery to the engine block?

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado