CHEVY POWER WINDOWS

1995 Chevrolet Astro

bmaanum

August, 30, 2010 AT 10:33 PM

1995 Chevy Astro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

at first the windows on the passenger and drivers would'nt work, I tested and had 12 volts going into the switch and it seemed to me that I had it coming out. I was told to replace the switch. I did that and now the passenger's side is working a little( go down awys and stops then it like I can keep pushing the switch and it will evenually go up. But the drivers door won't budge one way or the other. I don't here any click or anything from the motor. I got the door panel off, but can't figure how to get the motor out to test it. It looks like it's riveted in.
I would appreciate any kind of answer. Thanks

hmac300

August, 31, 2010 AT 7:43 PM

First ting is to lube the linkage on teh pass door and spray silicone spray int the window channels. The motors are riveted in and you replace the rivets with bolts/nuts if you don't have the large rivet gun to install them. But see if you are getting power to the motor as there should be a connection inside the door before you start to pull the motor out.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation