Check engine light comes back on

GPOL42
  • 2005 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
  • AWD
I have replaced all the equipment that the Check engine codes said were bad and the check engine light came back on with the same codes Any help would appreciated
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 11:56 AM

No diagnostic fault codes ever say to replace parts or that they're bad. They only indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis, or the unacceptable operating condition. First your mechanic will perform electrical tests on the circuit to rule out wiring and mechanical problems before spending your money on parts.

If you want to know how to diagnose a fault code, it would make it a lot easier if you would list which codes you're getting. There's well over 2,000 potential fault codes, so it doesn't pay to guess.
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 AT 11:06 PM
GPOL42
I have a 05 equinox Check engine light was on had mschanic replace egr m o2 sensors and then the light was off came back on with the same codes Took back to mechanis He says it needs to be reflashed at dealer and now it stalls when putting it in gear
Thursday, October 1st, 2015 AT 7:20 AM
You need to tell me the exact fault code numbers, otherwise there's nothing I can do for you over a computer. Without those numbers, I can only offer the generalization in the first paragraph of my previous reply. If it's a code number I'm familiar with, I can give you the list of troubleshooting steps to rule out everything other than a part referenced in the code. When a sensor or other part is mentioned in a code, there's a lot of other things to check before buying a part. The only time we throw a new part at a problem is if it's a known common problem, or we have the part in stock already, so it doesn't cost us or the customer anything to pop it in and try it.
-1
Thursday, October 1st, 2015 AT 7:05 PM
GPOL42
GM Right now the check engine light is out which I guess is a good sign, But the Nox Stalls when put in gear and then hard to get it started, I can start it and it will idle May even drive for a little bit then will stall and then does not start Tries to but just dies
Friday, October 2nd, 2015 AT 4:47 AM