Center console controls not working

MARKFORTE
  • 2010 VOLVO XC70
  • TURBO
  • AWD
Took car for detailed and when I picked up the a.C. Heat radio and other buttons not working. Was working this morning. Tried to reset by disconnecting battery. Still not working.
Sunday, September 18th, 2016 AT 12:27 PM

AL514
Is it possible they got water or some kind of cleaner in there and shorted out something in the control unit or by looking at this unit I see the cig lighter is integrated into it. If something got in there and shorted out the power circuit, start with checking all the fuses, make sure they have power on both sides, ie that they are not blown.
Sunday, September 18th, 2016 AT 1:01 PM
MARKFORTE
Yes. It looks like they cleaned inside the cig lighter. Are all fuses under the glove for this issue. I checked a few fuses and they looked fine. Is there a main fuse for the controls. Or a circuit breaker? Thanks for getting beck so quickly. The phone does work. Is it possible they ruu ed the whole module
Sunday, September 18th, 2016 AT 1:46 PM
AL514
I don't think they ruined the whole unit, it just sounds like there is a power issue to the unit, I'm doing some research on this right now for you. I'm a Subaru trained tech, so its taking a few extra minutes, but I will figure out some simple checks you can do to start with.
Sunday, September 18th, 2016 AT 5:14 PM
AL514
Heres the location of all the fuse panels, looks like you have fuse panels in the rear of the vehicle and in the engine compartment. You can check these fuses with the key ON engine off with a test light (check for power on both sides of the fuse) or take them out and manually check them. Hopes this helps. Let us know what you find and we will go from there.
Sunday, September 18th, 2016 AT 6:02 PM
MARKFORTE
Hi. Found 3 bad fuses. Console power still not working. Is it ok to try a battery reset.
Monday, September 19th, 2016 AT 6:09 PM
AL514
Which fuses did you find bad? #'s? I'm looking at the wiring diagrams and there is a climate control system relay as well.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 12:20 PM
AL514
Also there is a shared ground wired under the right side of the pass seat, it is a black and white wire. It is highlighted in yellow on this diagram. Make sure this wire is grounded properly under the seat. There seems to be few different relays controlling this unit and the HVAC control unit is a solid state, it wouldn't be a good thing if they got any liquids into this.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 12:41 PM
AL514
And honestly if anything is damaged, the shop where you had it detailed is responsible for the damages.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 1:44 PM
MARKFORTE
17 26 and either 14 or 19. I'll check the ground in the am. Is the relay a fuse. And where is it.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 4:50 PM
AL514
Ok, after looking over the wiring diagram and power distribution boxes, I see these fuses appear to be inside the car, these fuse boxes are powered by another fuse box which is located in the engine compartment on the left side forward of the strut tower. So basically another fuse box in the engine compartment is most likely going to have a fuse blown also, I'm not sure if you have checked these or not yet.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 5:23 PM
AL514
This is a list of what those aux fuses control, and they all lead back to the fuse panel under the hood. Check these fuses next

Fuses: #26 right rear seat heater control module

#17 High Level front display, multimedia module, remote digital audio
receiver & digital audio broadcast module

This fuse #14 has 2, as do many others in this car. C14 fuse is Power Passenger seat switch unit. F14 Fuse is Climate Control Module

#19 Phone Module & Bluetooth phone module

So go under the hood and start checking all those fuses also, everyone. Some may be bigger circuits, ie 40amp and some may be smaller, ie 5 amp. Let us know what you find from there.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 5:33 PM
AL514
I could list what every fuse controls but since you have already done some of the work by checking the inside panel and found those blown fuses. There is no need to list others until you see what has happened in the fuse panel under the hood.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 5:39 PM
AL514
Heres the diagram for under the hood.
Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 AT 5:52 PM