CEL BLINKING

• JayNav89
  • 1996 Honda Accord

CEL blinking while driving on freeway. It blinks in spurts of 10, 5, or 4 times then it stays solid. Four months ago I had the CEL came on and it was the EGR valve which I've replaced and clean out all flow passages. The CEL cleared from having the negative battery disconnected. Since then a month ago the CEL came back on indicating a P0302 code for #2 misfire. Since then I've replace all spark plus, wires, distributor cap, and rotor, but I still get the same code afterwards. So, I changed out the whole distributor assembly. Still have the same code showing up.

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 AT 12:25 PM

• KHLow2008

Check the injector and engine compression.
Have the valve clearances checked/adjusted.

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 AT 5:40 PM
  • JayNav89

I've change out my #2 injector and had a mechanic check my compressions too. I'm still getting the #2 misfire. The only thing I haven't tried is changing out my fuel filter.

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 7:41 AM
  • KHLow2008

Were the valve clearances checked?
If it is a fuel filter problem, you would have more than 1 misfire codes. Since fault is only on one cylinder, you should be concentrating on possible causes for this particular cylinder.

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 7:45 AM
  • JayNav89

No, I have not check the clearance. I tried all I can on my own. I will take it to a Honda specialist to see what they can find out.

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 9:28 AM
  • KHLow2008

When valve clearances are insufficient, it can cause misfiring.

Monday, May 27th, 2013 AT 11:10 AM