I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible 2.7 v6. I purchased from an Auto auction a couple of years ago. At which time I changed the spark plugs and did a compression test on it, which tested all good. A few months ago it started over heating while I was driving it. I had to pull over a couple times to let it cool down before starting up again. It never got as high up as the red line on the temperature guage, however it did get close. Finiallly I just pulled over and parked it. A couple of hours later a friend gave me a ride back to get my car, we put water in it and checked the oil, which looked fine and he followed me to the shop where I left it to find out why it was over heating. Next thing I know the Mechanic is telling me that I have a blown head gasket and then he tells me that the gears on my timing chain are broke and I need new ones, then it was my broken water pump and bad alternator. To make it kind of short, I had to buy a new Head gasket kit. Pay $180 to have heads resurfaced, a New Timing chain kit, New Water Pump and Alternator, EGR valve and spent a Good $1200 just on parts, not including another $200 cash for parts that he said he had to buy as well without my prior knowledge. Which included new spark plugs. Anyways a Month if not longer went by and I got my car back, still running like crap. Last month my tags were due, but check engine light still on, and would not pass Emissions. It said that the Evap system and Catalys was not ready. A OBD auto zone Test is showied EGR and Air temp sensor(which he worked on). Then it read an O2 sensor, then the #4 spark plug misfireing then it showed all spark plugs or coil wires were bad (all different tests). The problem now is I was going to do a Compression test on it the #1 spark plug after 3 turns of the key read 100psi, #2 it went to 60 after 3 turns, then went to 100 after the next 3 turns. I bought a new spark plug for #4 and the gap was set at 45 so I set them all at 45. While checking #2 spark plug I think I maybe cranked it too far or something but it shot out of the hole. I drove the car after that all day and then went back and checked #2 again and thats when I got the readings listed above. I did not go any further than that as far as compression testing because I was not sure if when the tester shot out of the spark plug hole if its threads may have been damaged by it and I did not want to ruin the threading on the Head, as I may have done to #2 when I attempted that second test. After all that, I started the car and it seemed to be fine. However, the next morning I tried to start it and Nothing! I checked the fuses and the start/fuel fuse was burnt out, I then replaced it and tried starting it again and this time it tried to start but wouldnt. Then I tried a second time and it sounded like maybe my starter was bad or something. What do you think may be the problem? Did I Blow it up or what? Also when I got my car back from shop my whole air cleaner assembly was not even connected, 2 wires to ground were un hooked(which were very important to the cars operation) and when I did check the spark plugs they sure did not look at all new. Making me believe even more so that all those parts I bought never actually went on my car. I still owe him Labor fees.
What do you think I should do to get my car running again? PLEASE HELP. I need my car for work in a couple days or I lose my job. Thanks
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 AT 10:34 AM